As an operator in the maritime industry, you know that global shipping efficiency depends largely on the free movement of ships and capital, supported by international standards, which have to be set, recognised and maintained.
Expert bodies such as Bureau Veritas, with international outreach in ship classification and related services such as certification, training and consultancy, can help achieve this, and thus bring benefits to ship-owners, shipbuilders, shipyards, and equipment manufacturers, insurers, brokers, bankers and Flag States.
We can help you develop your activities while keeping in line with relevant quality, health and safety, and environmental requirements of the maritime industry. Our services cover the entire shipâs life cycle, from the design stage through to the surveys of vessels in operation and decommissioning.
Bureau Veritas Marine Surveying (Pty) Ltd, with the Head Office in Durban, specializes in providing General Marine Surveying & Consulting Services to the Marine Industry in Southern Africa, including (but are not limited to):
- Draft Surveys,
- On/Off Hire Surveys,
- Bunker Surveys (all types),
- Cargo Hold Cleanliness Inspections,
- Cargo Inspections (Pre-Shipment, Cargo Damage/Contamination, etc.),
- Cargo Separation Inspections (in Cargo Holds),
- Scrap Steel Inspection & Certification,
- Monitoring Container Packing or Unpacking,
- Stockpile Volumetric Measurements,
- Mobilization, De-Mobilization, Sea Fastening Inspections (Offshore Industry),
- etc., etc.
Full time offices are maintained in Durban and Richards Bay.
Other Southern African Ports, including Mozambican and Namibian Ports, are serviced on ad-hoc basis, by current BV employees or by the network of
Phone: + 27 31 3372222Send an e-mail